Winter Mixed Activity Holiday
The Mont Blanc region justifiably lays claim to some of the most spectacular mountain scenery anywhere in the world, and is a stunning setting for our week of activities.
Both Italy and Switzerland border the Chamonix valley, making this a truly international trip. Our base for the week, the Chalet Savoy has excellent snowshoeing right on its doorstep and is few minutes walk from the Les Houches world cup downhill ski fields and the cross-country ski trails . From our chalet we enjoy a range of fun activities including snowshoe walking, cross-country skiing in both classic and skating style, dogsledding, a horse sleigh ride,ice skating, snowmobiling, and riding the Mont Blanc express train. There will be time to explore the town of Chamonix and a wide range of optional activities on your free day.
7 nights in the Chalet Savoy (hot tub, sauna, wifi).
Visiting France, Switzerland and Italy.
Five days of mixed activities led by International Mountain Leader / ski instructor.
Grade: Cross-country ski beginners. Snowshoe beginners - easy to moderate. aa
Small groups of maximum 8.
This holidays operated by Snow Safari Ltd, specialist tour operator in the Alps since 1989
INCLUSIONS:This holiday runs from Sunday to Sunday and will include:
- 7 nights in the Chalet Savoy in heart of the Chamonix Valley - (private facilities, hot tub, sauna, dining room, lounge, fireplace room, Sat TV, stereo, DVD, drying room, great mountain views, free telephone calls to international land lines)
- No single supplement
- Breakfast daily - 5 picnic lunches - 6 dinners
- Two days cross-country classic lessons with guiding in Italy
- All the minibus transfers needed for the programme
- Half day cross-country skate lesson
- Drive a dogsled.
- Nordic walking lesson with Nordic stick hire
- Horse sleigh ride (around 20 minutes)
- Snow scooter ride (2km) we'll be pulled by scooter on an exciting ride to a mountain chalet for vin chaud or hot chocolate
- Half day snowshoe excursion
- Whole day snowshoe excursion.
- Lesson on snow safety and how to use a transceiver.
- Snowshoe, pole hire and avalanche transceiver hire.
- Unlimited use of local ice skating rinK
- Free bus rides in the valley throughout week.
- Unlimited use of the Mont Blanc express train within the Chamonix valley.
- Group transfers to and from Geneva airport. Click here for details.
- possibility to downhill ski any day you want. The Les Houches down ski area is a minutes walk from the chalet.
- easy walks available as alternative to cross-country skiing
- options to paraglide, ice climb, glacier walk, take a helicopter ride, ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car (highest in Europe) or the Montenvers Train to the Mer de Glace glacier.
- Three cross-country ski day tickets. (budget around 21 Euros)
- cross-country ski hire.
Monday: Cross-country classic skiing day in Italy with instruction and guiding. Then an exciting ride pulled by motor scooter to a mountain chalet with spectacular views where we can enjoy vin chaud or chocolat chaud. Option to downhill ski or take an easy walk.
Tuesday: : All day cross-country ski excursion in the spectacular Ferret Valley in Italy with guiding and instruction. Option to down hill ski or take an easy walk.
Wednesday: An exciting morning driving your own dogsled. Afternoon lesson on using an avalanche transceiver - (Don't worry we'll be walking in very safe terrain. But the transceiver is like a safety belt. You always put it on but it doesn't imply you intend to drive dangerously because you are wearing it!) - Then an afternoon snow shoe hike guided by International Mountain leader normally leaving on foot from the chalet. Option to down hill ski or take an easy walk.
Thursday: Free day. Optional tandem parapente ride, glacier walk with guide, cross-country or down hill ski or take an easy walk. You can ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car or Montenvers train to the Mer de Glace glacier. Enjoy your included visit to luxury spa with indoor pool.
Friday: Nordic Walking lesson and short horse sleigh ride Afternoon cross-country skate introduction or continue skiing classic. Option to downhill ski or take an easy walk..
Saturday: All day snowshoe excursion with International Mountain Leader. Option to downhill ski.
Michelle and Angus Hunter (Scotland) Winter Activity Week - 3rd to 10th February 2013
“Another great stay at the Chalet Savoy! Our second winter activity holiday and even better than the 1st. Loved it.”
Kay (UK) Winter Activity Week 3rd to 10th February 2013.
“Oliver, your expertise in all areas was wonderful..... you are an inspiration to us all. Elaine your hospitality and cooking compliments this holiday. A winning combination. .... a truly exhilarating holiday - a great time was had by all.”
Pam (UK) Winter Activity Week 3rd to 10th February 2013.
"Many, many thanks for another wonderful week of excellent hospitality in all areas! Fun, fitness and frivolity."
Karen (UK) Winter Activity Week 3rd to 10th February 2013.
What a fantastic week, you are both such wonderful hosts. Look forward to coming again.
George and Mak (UK) Winter Activity Week 3rd to 10th February 2013.
“Thank you so much for a wonderful holiday. The food was fabulous. Oliver you are a fantastic guide with fantastic knowledge.”
Heather (UK) Winter Activity Week 27th Jan to 3rd Feb 2013
“Thank you so much for a fantastic week. Every day was great and Oliver, you are a brilliant patient instructor.”
SPORT EQUIPMENT We include snowshoe and stick rental used on our programmes. Ski hire however is not included. For this we use Battendier Sports because they are the nearest to us - just across the road from the Prarion Ski lift, - we drive by the shop every day so can always halt there if equipment needs changing - they provide a reliable and helpful service – equipment rented from them can be stored free of charge in the shop over night. Click here to view hire prices.